|Michael's blog about science, culture, and everything in between|
last concert in Europe
Shakira at Koeln-Arena, Cologne, Germany, 8.4.2007
... bit late for my report, but I only came back from Germany this weekend.
Even after the fourth oral fixation concert I've seen, each single one feels very special, I spot new details every time, and I think one could spend one complete show watching Archie Pen~a :D
highlights and misc. observations this time include:
* Koeln Arena is fantastic, plus you can get there by train
* the DJ wasn't very good, even Cut Chemist was more entertaining than that.
* I saw her parents before the show, for the first time ! (I was ~7 rows from the stage and 1m left of the walkway, so i could see them very clearly, and they were waving to us before they sat down.
* the crowd was very mixed and lots of people were even older than me -- I felt like I was surrounded by the teachers of the local high schools rather than the pupils :)
* considering this age profile, the response was OK, but nothing to write home about.
* Shakira announced the concert to be officially the last one in Europe (of this tour, I hope), and did say a few words in German, struggling with the Umlaute: "Guten Abend Koln", "Es lebe Deutschland"
* musical chairs introduction game was back, plus Tim and Brendan reciprocated by introducing her to us :)
* Brendan and Archie brought an extra supply of drumsticks, and even I caught one of Archie's. It's beautiful and it has his name printed on it.
2007-04-16 16:03:31 GMT